An Award? Me?
I go away for a while and come back to find out that I’ve been nominated for the “Beautiful Blogger Award”. I wonder if this happened as a reward because I was away … are people trying to tell me something? OK, OK, I’m just kidding. My heartfelt thanks to Sally at http://lensandpensbysally.wordpress.com/ for the nomination. Please don’t tell her I’m saying this but her blog has really great, envy- and awe-inspiring photographs and posts. It is true, but we don’t want her to get a big head and all 😉
I started this blog not too long ago, or at least it seems like it hasn’t been too long. Maybe it’s just been a lot of fun to share slices of life as seen through my eyes and my camera. When I started this, I made a commitment to myself to post only my own photographs and to shoot/edit/crop/filter and otherwise post-produce using only my smartphone. For better or for worse, I’ve kept that commitment and the results are out there for the world to see. I realize that sometimes I may go a little overboard with the posting, but I swear I’m trying to get better and post fewer images.
Since I’m not that good with words, I’ll just jump straight into the award rules. So, without further ado, I present to you the 7 things about myself and the 7 nominations (I don’t know who came up with these rules, but good job. I like 7’s):
7 Things About Myself
- In addition to liking 7’s, I also like 8’s. 8 has been my favorite number since I was a kid.
- I love to cook and the results are usually good. I also love to try different foods and cuisines.
- I’m a male.
- I have
almostzero photography training, which, I guess, it’s not that big a secret to those of you who see my images
- I once rode a mechanical bull and held on for
about 4 secondsa looong time.
- I’m developing a taste for heavily editing my images. Some times the results are good and some other times, well, let’s change the subject.
- Craft brews, microbrews, any-brews … love them all. Actually, I do have some standards for my beers and ales and I try to have a new, unknown one at least once a month.
First, I must say that coming up with a list of only 7 blogs is really tough. There are so many of you out there posting terrific and inspiring stuff. But, rules are rules and we must stick to them.
- Charissa at http://almostaphotographer.wordpress.com/
- Cindy at http://cindyknoke.com/
- Sarah at http://illustriouspeacock.wordpress.com/
- Shutterbug Sage at http://ayearofpics.wordpress.com/
- Miret at http://flaneriefeminine.com/about/
- Seth Snap at http://sethsnap.wordpress.com/
- Emiliano at http://screwiness-o-rama.com/
And … and … that’s it. Now on to notify all these great bloggers that the baton is now in their hands.